Press, Presentations & Publications ⬆
I've made a number of appearances in media outlets of various sizes.
- Ars Technica's take on the Google Photos debacle as well as Cory Doctorow's notes
- A podcast talk on egghead.io with thoughts on how important questions are to the software space.
- A profile piece from People of Color in Tech.
- A profile piece about the now defunct Good For PoC on Forbes
- At IndieWeb Summit 2019, I gave a talk about making the IndieWeb more friendly from a developer's perspective.
- A recording of my presentation on how to make the IndieWeb (and other open social platforms in their early days) more friendly — an update of sorts to the last talk.
A non-exhaustive list of the projects I'm working on:
- A CMS using Micropub. Written in Rust, it's meant to be a correct implementation of the specification and provide people with a reliable implementation in no time.
- Written in Rust, this provides a self-hostable Webmention service that can be used in a headless fashion and work for multiple sites. It also has a means of retrieving the Webmentions over an API. For completeness, it has an implementation of WebSub being planned to allow for a single tool to provide bidirectional updates about any link you're interested in.
- A self-hostable, mutli-identity IndieAuth (Web-centric OAuth2) service that allows you to run your own means of authorization. It's built with WebAuthn support and devices that support Sele's endpoint for handling delegated authorization.
- IndieWeb for Rust
- A grab bag of partially implementated clients for consumers of the IndieWeb.
- IndieWeb for Elixir
- Similar to the Rust project above, it serves as a common library for IndieWeb practices and helpers.